English to Ancient Greek

Offline thedog19820

• Semi-Newbie
hi guys been on your site a few times now and must say its smashing, i was hoping that you would be able to translate a quote into ancient greek for me if possible,if not greek would be great also hoping that billberg might have a go as you seem rather good!
the quote is

"There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go"

i recently lost someone and was hoping to get this on my inner arm as a tribute

many thanks
love and respect steve
« Last Edit: 22 Jan, 2010, 11:04:08 by wings »

Online billberg23

• Words ail me.
Steve, it's always good to read "The Rules" (click at top of page) before posting, and also to check out the message in red on the lead page of this section.  BTW, your topic belongs under "Tattoos and Ancient Greek" (first topic at top of lead page).

As The rules state, there's a 12-word limit for free translation.  For bigger jobs than that, you can make separate negotiations with individual translators by advertising in the "Post a Translation Job!" section.

Still, we offer you sympathy on your loss, and welcome you to the Forum.
Τί δέ τις; Τί δ' οὔ τις; Σκιᾶς ὄναρ ἄνθρωπος. — Πίνδαρος

Offline thedog19820

• Semi-Newbie
many thanks billberg just put it up in the job section now so hopefully will get it done in time for saturday

Online billberg23

• Words ail me.
This should attract some quick attention, since you're willing to have it in modern Greek as well!
Τί δέ τις; Τί δ' οὔ τις; Σκιᾶς ὄναρ ἄνθρωπος. — Πίνδαρος

Search Tools