Music glossary

Guest · 13 · 5069

marian m

Would anyone happen to know if there is a Greek/English glossary of musical terms--theory, history, composer's names, etc.?   Also, would anyone know if there is a list of American/English Christmas carols/songs and their Greek titles?

Thanks a lot! :-)

Σουρπουίτσα

• Dolce far niente...!
  • Whatevah...

Σουρπουίτσα

• Dolce far niente...!
  • Whatevah...
You 're welcome, Marian. Hope I 've been helpful.
Στο ίντερνετ όλα διίστανται.
W4tt4n4b3

marian m

Hope I 've been helpful.

Very much so, but . . . I was still hoping someone might have a list of traditional carols with their Greek titles . . . maybe even the lyrics?  :-)))

btw: Today's Thanksgiving and it's the kickoff of the winter holidays--to be politically correct! ;-) Stores begin playing wonderful music and you can feel the Christmas (oops!) spirit in the air! Why I'm ready to post a few favorites on the "lyrics" board but I don't know if Greeks listen to holiday music this early! :-) 
« Last Edit: 23 Nov, 2006, 20:31:12 by marian »

Σουρπουίτσα

• Dolce far niente...!
  • Whatevah...
I don't know if Greeks listen to holiday music this early! :-) 

I'm afraid Greeks do not listen to holiday music at all... Το πολύ πολύ ένα Last Christmas I Gave you my Heart κι όξω απ'την πόρτα.
W4tt4n4b3

marian m

Δες εδώ http://www.musical.gr/cddetails.scr?gui_language=1&CD_code=820773100192 (for a start).

Thanks Nick! I knew you would come to the rescue!

I'm afraid Greeks do not listen to holiday music at all... Το πολύ πολύ ένα Last Christmas I Gave you my Heart κι όξω απ'την πόρτα.

VERY interesting!

skalk

Very much so, but . . . I was still hoping someone might have a list of traditional carols with their Greek titles . . . maybe even the lyrics?  :-)))
You can search in www.peemde.gr, maybe here is what you're looking for (you must register to download).

marian m

You can search in www.peemde.gr, maybe here is what you're looking for (you must register to download).

Nick, I registered and found a lot of carols. Thanks!

btw: I'm really looking for "Do you see what I see" -- does that song have Greek lyrics?

FoReIgNeR

Μη ξεχνάμε και τα "Χριστούγεννα" της Δεσποινούλας (Βανδή) ή το "Ρούντολφ το ελαφάκι" και λοιπά παρόμοια άσματα της Καιτούλας (Γαρμπή). Επίσης αν θέλετε να ξεραθείτε στα (χριστουγεννιάτικα) γέλια, ακούστε τα νέα κάλαντα της Βανδή.
And my heaven is wherever you are ...

Σουρπουίτσα

• Dolce far niente...!
  • Whatevah...
Μη ξεχνάμε και τα "Χριστούγεννα" της Δεσποινούλας (Βανδή) ή το "Ρούντολφ το ελαφάκι" και λοιπά παρόμοια άσματα της Καιτούλας (Γαρμπή). Επίσης αν θέλετε να ξεραθείτε στα (χριστουγεννιάτικα) γέλια, ακούστε τα νέα κάλαντα της Βανδή.

Τστστστστστς... Είμαστε κι εμείς, όμως, άνθρωποι κακοί και αχάριστοι. Δε φτάνει που οι άνθρωποι κάνουν ό,τι μπορούν για να γελάσει το χειλάκι μας γιορτάρες μέρες, τους ψέγουμε κι από πάνω.
W4tt4n4b3

marian m

Thanks for the recommendation. l'll get the CD's and let you know what I think. :-)

Search Tools