Bob Dylan's first paintings on canvas unveiled, Ηalcyon gallery, 13 Feb 2010 - 10 Apr 2010

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
Bob Dylan on Canvas
Ο γνωστός τραγουδοποιός, εκτός από τη μουσική ασχολείται και με τη ζωγραφική. Οι περισσότεροι θαυμαστές του Dylan το γνωρίζουν ήδη αφού τα περισσότερα σχέδιά του έχουν κυκλοφορήσει και σε λευκώματα. Η έκθεση θα πραγματοποιηθεί στη Halcyon Gallery του Λονδίνου και τα εγκαίνια έχουν ορισθεί για τις 13 Φεβρουαρίου.
«Απλώς σχεδιάζω ότι μου κινεί το ενδιαφέρον και μετά το ζωγραφίζω», λέει ο Dylan. «Δεν προσπαθώ να κάνω κανένα κοινωνικό σχόλιο, ή να εκπληρώσω το όραμα κάποιων. Αντλώ από οπουδήποτε έμπνευση. Νομίζω ότι όλο αυτό πηγάζει από τον κόσμο της folk μέσα στον οποίο μεγάλωσα».             

Ένα μέρος της έκθεσης θα περιλαμβάνει έργα από τη σειρά “Drawn Blank Series” του 1990, ενώ οι επισκέπτες θα δουν συνολικά 100 σχέδια και πίνακες του μουσικού, μεταξύ των οποίων και 30 πίνακες που θα εκτεθούν για πρώτη φορά. Ο Dylan έχει ζωγραφίσει ο ίδιος το εξώφυλλο του album του“Self Portrait” (1970) και έχει συμπεριλάβει σχέδιά του σταβιβλία του “Writings And Drawings” και “Lyrics 1962-1985”

Πηγή: ostria-gr

Halcyon Gallery presents an exclusive exhibition of Bob Dylan’s first paintings on canvas, based on drawings and sketches made while on the road during the period of 1989 - 1992. These paintings are the grand finale of The Drawn Blank Series and testament to his artistic progression: from drawings to works on paper and now finally to canvas. This exhibition provides a unique opportunity to see the first original masterpieces of a creative legend.
"I just draw what’s interesting to me, and then I paint it.  Rows of houses, orchard acres, lines of tree trunks, could be anything. I can take a bowl of fruit and turn it into a life and death drama. Women are power figures, so I depict them that way.  I can find people to paint in mobile home communities. I could paint bourgeois people too.
I’m not trying to make social comment or fulfil somebody’s vision and I can find subject matter anywhere. I guess in some way that comes out of the folk world that I came up in." Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan on Canvas will be the last UK exhibition of this series, foreshadowing his upcoming exhibition at the prestigious Statens Museum for Kunst in Copenhagen in which he will unveil new works alongside selected pieces from The Drawn Blank Series, curated by Dr. Kasper Monrad.
Paul Green, President of the Halcyon Gallery, commented: “These paintings are the culmination of everything Dylan has done with The Drawn Blank Series so far, signalling a new phase in the artist's career. The evolution of medium, from paper to canvas, has been an important development resulting in a creative explosion which has given greater meaning to the paintings. Bob Dylan on Canvas is the grand finale of the Drawn Blank years and the precursor of the new 'Brazil' series in which Dylan explores the canvas further.”

halcyon gallery

Des toiles de Bob Dylan exposées à Londres
[...]La nouvelle exposition dans cette galerie du quartier chic de Mayfair parachève la collection, jusqu'alors composée d'épures, croquis, peintures à la gouache et aquarelles, en présentant pour la première fois les toiles à la peinture acrylique de Dylan.
Les précédentes expositions de l'interprète de Blowing in the Wind et Like a Rolling Stone, en Allemagne et déjà à la Halcyon Gallery, étaient basées sur une série de dessins publiés en 2004 dans un livre intitulé Drawn Blank.[...]

cyber presse.ca
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

Search Tools