Author Topic: Αναζητώ πληκτρολόγιο και ποντίκι  (Read 1767 times)

Vion

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
    • V and F
Recommendations?
I recently bought A Logitech Wave desktop, but it has been trouble for me from the start, from software, despite firmware and driver updates, to the actual hardware. Their tech support advised to set the BIOS (?!) to detect it, because the mouse and keyboard would not work in safe mode after the recent updates.
Last night I had to reinstall Windows, (probably the result of this keyboard), and it gave me a driver device error (BSOD), even with no driver installed. (Logitech, «Όχι ευχαριστώ, δεν θα ξαναπάρω»).
If anyone would like to try their luck with the 'Wave', please let me know. I cannot in good faith ask money for it.

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
    • My Professional Website
Re: Αναζητώ πληκτρολόγιο και ποντίκι
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar, 2010, 10:40:04 »
Vion,

I am disappointed, as i was planning to buy this pair of keyboard and mouse. I am already using a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and i am very pleased with it.

I cannot imagine what could have gone wrong. Could your pair be faulty?
« Last Edit: 26 Mar, 2010, 11:37:13 by wings »
Laughter translates into any language.

Vion

• V and F
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar, 2010, 11:19:24 »
I don't know what's wrong with it really...everything seems to "work" (except these problems). I was especially surprised with their tech support - any BIOS automatically detects keyboards and mice, doesn't it? (I've never heard of these vague and non-descript 'other' settings that their support referred to).
I'll be happy to give you my set to try, but be warned...

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
    • My Professional Website
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar, 2010, 11:23:09 »
Well, when i decided to buy a Logitech Bluetooth mouse because i couldn't find my beloved Microsoft ones, i thought that it wouldn't work as my Microsoft was. I was right. It was way better that the Microsoft. I'm surprised to hear about problems...

Τι στο καλό, το ελαττωματικό σού 'τυχε;;;
Laughter translates into any language.

elmak

• Eleni Makantani
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr, 2010, 18:23:43 »
Hello,

Well, I don't have experience with any Logitech products,  but it's true that they have a very good reputation (even better than Microsoft).

However, I have a keyboard-mouse set to recommend, the Microsoft Natural Ergo 7000 (wireless). The keyboard is of the wavy and split type, which I find very helpful, and it has a large soft leather pad, very comfortable for the wrists, as well as 13 customisable quick access keys, a zoom roller and a set of back-forth keys, very useful when browsing the net. Its highligh, in my mind, is an accessory which lifts the front part of the keyboard by about 5 cm, embracing the wrists and bringing the hands to a very natural position, eliminating much of the strain caused by the repetitive activity of typing.

I bought my set about 2 years ago, but it gave me trouble five months later. I contacted MS post-sales assistance in Athens, and as soon as they heard that I was having problems, they asked me for my address and sent me a free replacement set within 3 days (they even paid for delivery). I have been working on this replacement set ever since and everything is just as I want it to be. I know that many people think it is not very comfortable (we had a relevant discussion here at the forum about a year ago), because of its hard and noisy keys (mind me, they are noisy!!!), and also the wrist support accessory isn't very helpful if the user doesn't type in the "blind" system, but it only took me two days to get used to it and I am very satisfied.

The set I am writing about is wireless and quite expensive, but if you don't prefer wireless equipment, you can buy the conventional, wired version of the keyboard (but with a different mouse) and at a much better price.

More info here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=095

Καλό Πάσχα και καλή ξεκούραση!
Ελένη
« Last Edit: 01 Apr, 2010, 18:26:14 by elmak »

Vion

• V and F
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr, 2010, 20:34:04 »
Γεια σου Ελένη και καλό Πάσχα :-)

Τελικά πήρα ένα οικονομικό συνδυασμό της Microsoft και βρήκα την υγειά μου.
Το Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=040 και το Wireless Οptical Μouse 2000 (1000dpi) http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=069
Το πληκτρολόγιο είναι σαφώς πιο άνετο και ήσυχο και σε σύγκριση με τα τεράστια πλήκτρα του Logitech. Τα δάκτυλα της Frederique, που είναι touch typist, χανόντουσαν στο Logitech.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr, 2010, 20:35:41 by Vion »