Don Miguel Ruiz, The Mastery of Love

spiros · 3 · 1996

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Don Miguel Ruiz, The Mastery of Love

You have to focus on the most wonderful relationship you can have: the relationship with yourself . . . You need to love yourself, and the love will grow more and more. Then, when you enter a relationship, you don’t go into it because you need to be loved. It becomes a choice. You can choose someone if you want to, and you can see who he really is. When you don’t need his love, you don’t have to lie to yourself.

You are complete. When love is coming out of you, you are not searching for love because you are afraid to be alone. When you have all that love for yourself, you can be alone and there’s no problem. You are happy to be alone, and to share is also fun.

. . . If I’m going to be criticized or judged, if I am going to feel bad, then no thank you. If I am going to suffer, maybe it’s better to be alone.

. . . if you go into a relationship with selfishness, expecting that your partner is going to make you happy, it will not happen. And it’s not that person’s fault; it’s your own.

. . . refuse to walk around the world begging for love. In your heart is all the love you need. Your heart can create any amount of love, not just for yourself, but for the whole world. You can give your love with no conditions; you can be generous with your love . . . then all those starving people who believe the heart is closed will always want to be near you for your love.

What makes you happy is love coming out of you. And if you are generous with your love, everyone is going to love you. You are never going to be alone if you are generous. If you are selfish, you are always going to be alone, and there is no one to blame but you.

Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun, 2007, 21:39:36 by spiros »

corazondemelon

• Guacamole needs chillies
Gracias, Don Miguel, and Spiros for drawing our attention to this most illuminating of themes!

Search Tools