Don McLean - American Pie (video clip)

wings · 5 · 1626

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
"American Pie" is a rock song by singer-songwriter Don McLean.

Recorded and released on the American Pie album in 1971, the single was a number-one U.S. hit for four weeks in 1972. The song is an abstract story of his life that starts with the deaths of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. Richardson (The Big Bopper) in a plane crash in 1959, and ends in 1970. The importance of "American Pie" to America's musical and cultural heritage was recognized by the Songs of the Century education project which listed the song performed by Don McLean as the number five song of the twentieth century.

The song's lyrics are the subject of much curiosity. Although McLean dedicated the American Pie album to Buddy Holly, none of the singers in the plane crash are identified by name in the song itself. When asked what "American Pie" meant, McLean replied, "It means I never have to work again." Later, he more seriously stated "You will find many 'interpretations' of my lyrics but none of them by me... sorry to leave you all on your own like this but long ago I realized that songwriters should make their statements and move on, maintaining a dignified silence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pie

Ion

• 1. Διατήρηση ψυχραιμίας 2. Αξιολόγηση βλάβης
The meaning of American Pie

There is no prosthetic for an amputated spirit
Lt Col Frank Slade (Al Pacino, Scent of a woman)

lionpsyche

Τι ωραία που ξεκινάει το τραγούδι! Είδες; Πάλι σ' έπιασα, Ion!
« Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2008, 14:16:01 by wings »

Ion

• 1. Διατήρηση ψυχραιμίας 2. Αξιολόγηση βλάβης
Kαλέ, τι κάνεις εσύ εδώ, δεν θα έπρεπε να ήσουν στη Θεσσαλονίκη;
There is no prosthetic for an amputated spirit
Lt Col Frank Slade (Al Pacino, Scent of a woman)

lionpsyche

Βλέπω, παρακολουθείς και τις κινήσεις μου. Χα, σε μπέρδεψα. Αναβάλλεται για τον Ιούνιο, μόλις κλείσει η Σχολή. Έλα κι εσύ να τα πούμε από κοντά!

Search Tools