Old adages... were at best sophomoric at the moment of first utterance.

compass

• Semi-Newbie
"...Old adages... have persisted for years, despite the fact that they were at best sophomoric at the moment of first utterance." is a bigger part of the phrase.
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2007, 23:26:34 by compass »

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Ή και παλιά γνωμικά.
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

compass

• Semi-Newbie
I need the whole phrase (Old adages... were at best sophomoric at the moment of first utterance) translated (I thought I put it all in subject line?) but especially sophomoric.

Tks

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Dear "compass", please read the forum rules very carefully (the yellow button on top of each page):

1.5 If you ask for translation help please limit your query to 12 words and ALWAYS provide CONTEXT. If you want help with something bigger than that then you may contact one of the members or directly Translatum Translation Services for professional translation. If you want a free draft translation you can always use Greek machine translation.
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

banned8

12 words in the title, mod. No context necessary (or enough given). Tough one, though, to translate effectively. Let's give it some thought.

banned8

OK, here's a first suggestion:

Τα παλιά ρητά / γνωμικά (έχουν επιζήσει όλα αυτά τα χρόνια παρότι) δεν ήταν παρά πρωτόλεια όταν ειπώθηκαν για πρώτη φορά.

Δεν με ενθουσιάζει το «πρωτόλεια», αλλά για να ξεκινήσουμε, καλό είναι.

Search Tools