realm → επικράτεια, βασίλειο, τομέας, κόσμος, κλάδος, σφαίρα, όρια, τομέας, ειδικότητα, αντικείμενο, στοιχείο, πλαίσιο

Celeste

• Semi-Newbie
i'm looking for the words in the subject line (world, realm, treasure, haven, home, forest, secret) to be translated into greek using ROMAN (english) characters.  i am going to use some of the words to form a name for a made-up planet in a novel i'm writing.

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 18 May, 2021, 12:06:35 by spiros »

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Please read the forum rules (https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=35.0) very carefully.

1. Translation help.
1.1 BEFORE POSTING an English to Greek or Greek to English question check for the translation of a word from the "English-Greek" search box on the left of the forum. If the result is "Αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης για 'your_search_word': Δεν βρέθηκαν λέξεις." This means that your search word does not exist in the database. If it is a Greek word make sure it is spelled correctly in Greek script and that it is in the standard form (no plural / cases / tenses). If it is an English word, you can also look it up at www.onelook.com and https://en.wikipedia.org.

1.4 If you have different questions or phrases, open new threads for each one of them and don't list them all in the same thread.
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

Celeste

• Semi-Newbie
k.......first one, i did try searching for the words first, in fact i've spent all morning going to every translation dictionary i can find, and its either all in greek characters, or it can't translate it.  i need this in ENGLISH CHARACTERS.

secondly, i figured i'd be saving space by putting them all in one thread, since i have about 7 words that i need translated, and i didn't want to spam your forum.

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
No, it is not spam. We create a glossary from all terms asked and this is why we have to ask for one word only in each thread. So you ask 7 seperate questions and, if you can also give us some context, it would help a lot.:-)
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

banned8

i'm looking for the words in the subject line (world, realm, treasure, haven, home, forest, secret) to be translated into greek using ROMAN (english) characters.  i am going to use some of the words to form a name for a made-up planet in a novel i'm writing.

Sorry, this planet was in a different orbit.
Let's see if I can help. You don't have to start different threads for these fairly easy words.

world = kosmos (cosmos)
realm = epikrateia (from original meaning 'predominance', 'dominion')
treasure = thesauros (thesaurus)
haven = asylon (asylum); limen (harbour)
home = oikos (oecos, of 'ecology')
forest = hyle (wood, timber, material, by Aristotle and in later Greek 'matter'; you may also consider the Latin 'silva')
secret = mystikos (as in 'mystical'); kryptos (as in 'cryptic' and 'Krypton' of Superman fame)

kupirijo

στη βιολογία και συγκεκριμένα στην ταξινόμηση των ειδών υπάρχει και το domain και το realm, τα οποία και τα δύο μεταφράζονται ως «επικράτεια». υπάρχει κάποιος τρόπος να τα διαχωρίσουμε στα ελληνικά;

Search Tools